Monday, October 4, 2010

A million Ideas!

Student: Rick, are you a millionaire?
Me: No, do you think that is important to be successful?
Student: Well, you teach success but have not made a million dollars. How can someone believe in what you do?
Me: I don't want them to believe in what I do, I want them to believe in what THEY do.
Student:  But you are not rich.
Me: I am rich. You asked if I was a millionaire.
Student: But how can you be rich if you don't have a lot of money?
Me: Because I get everything I want.
Student: You don't want to be a millionaire?
Me: Why do I need to be a millionaire if I get everything I want. No I don't want to be a millionaire.
Student: So, what is being successful?
Me: Understanding WHAT you want and getting it.
Student: But if you had a million dollars you could get what you want faster.
Me: Could I? I don't think so because getting what I want does not depend on money but rather on me focusing on what I want and going after it.
Student: How so?
Me: I fully believe the speed at which something comes into my life is directly related to how strong my intent and persistent my action is within and without..
Student: But isn't money needed to buy "things".
Me: No, ideas with intent and action are needed to acquire things.
Student: But money is important, right?
Me: Money is a tool. One tool in many. Let me put it plainly so you can see. If I had a million dollars I could only buy so many things before the cash ran out, right?
Student:  I guess. Yes, that's right.
Me: But I would never run out of ideas and intent or action, right?
Student: Hummm, right. That's right.
Me: Then I would rather have a million ideas with intent and action than a million dollars.
Student: Oh, I see now!
Me: As Obi-wan Kenobi said, "You have just taken your first step into a larger world."

Dreams are wishes with action behind them. Dream big, then go make the dream real. Anyone can do it - even me.

No comments:

Post a Comment